Two days ago Mike and I went to the Beer festival in COEX K-Pop Square. This event is still happening, from the 27th April to 06th May 2018. This ten days festival known as GKBF (Great Korean Beer Festival) will have more than 20 craft brewers, live concert and some foods booths set up for the event.
The food and beers were set up in a different section. There were only six food booths near the subway’s exit, but more food can be found about 100metres away from the beer booths.
There were tables and chairs set up for the visitor, however, with so many people around, it’s quite difficult to secure one, though. We have to wait for about an hour before getting one. Mike’s colleagues from the BC – Rose, Ian and his wife were also there, together, we ordered and shared some foods.
From the booths that we had tried, the beers price per cup were ranging from 5,000 won to 7,000 won.
1. Primator English Pale Ale [5% 26 IBU] – 5,000 won
2. Primator Weizen [5% 17 IBU] – 5,000 won
3. Primator India Pale Ale [6.5% 60 IBU] – 5,000 won
4. Primator Marzen (Semi-Dark) [5.5% 29 IBU] – 5,000 won
5. Merlin Cerny (Czech Black) [4.7% 34 IBU] – 5,000 won
6. Jezek Pilsner [4.8% 32 IBU] – 5,000 won
1. Dry-Hopped Sour [5.5%] – 6,000 won
2. Kölsch [4.7%] – 5,000 won
3. Wild IPA [6.2%] – 7,000 won
4. Belgian Golden Strong [8.0%] – 7,000 won
5. Gose [3.8%] – no price
6. Belgian Rye IPA [7.0%] – 6,000 won
7. Saison [5.0%] – 5,000 won
8. American Stout [6.5%] – 6,000 won
Jeju Orange PaleAle [5% 31 IBU ] – 6,000won
Others Beer company such as:
Galmegi Brewing Co, Andong Brewing Co, Red Stripe, Seoul Brewery, The Table Brewing Co, Amazing Brewing Co, Sevenbrau, Gorilla Brewing Co, Goose Island Beer Company, Playground Brewery and many more.
We were there for four hours, and I have only tried four types of beers. There were still about sixteen beer booths or more that I have yet to try out. But seriously, if I were to try them all, I won’t be able to stand straight let alone taking photos from the event!
How to get there:
Take Subway Line 2 and stop at Samseong Station on Exit 5 or 6.
(Price: 1,350 won – Depending on your location) This price is from Hyochang ~ Samseong
*We took a taxi back home, and it cost 16,000 won (Samseong ~ Hyochang)
Travel Date: 29th April 2018